With the jamb 2020/2021 questions and answers in geography, you can pass the cbt exam.
The geography utme exam consist of 40 questions.
These 40 questions may be hard or simple depending on how you have prepared for the exam.
The first 5 questions will be on mapping.
So you need to know how to read and interpret a map.
The map will be on your computer screen.
The time allotted to each question is small, so you should be fast enough to finish up.
The questions below have been mostly repeated in jamb.
In jamb 2020, they are likely to come out.
The answers have been provided below each question.
You don’t need to pay for any expo before you can pass this examination at once.
Jamb 2020/2021 Questions and Answers
1. Low birth rate and low death rate are characteristic of. A. Brazil. B. India. C. Nigeria. D. Mexico. E. The United Kingdom.
Answer : E. The United Kingdom.
2. Although the rubber tree is a native of Brazil, most of the world’s natural rubber is now produced in. A. Burma. B. Colombia. C. Nigeria. D. Zaire. E. Malaysia.
Answer : E. Malaysia.
3. One region which is known for large scale production of wheat is the. A. Veld of South Africa. B. Hwang Ho Valley. C. Ukraine. D. Paris Basin. E. London Basin.
Answer : A. Veld of South Africa.
4. Which of the following countries accounts for nearly 50% of the world’s output of newsprint?. A. Canada. B. USA. C. USSR. D. Finland. E. Norway.
5. Which of the following countries is both a leading producer and greatest consumer of petroleum products?. A. Saudi Arabia. B. Kuwait. C. The United Kingdom. D. The United States of America. E. Nigeria.
Answer : E. Nigeria.
6. The main objective of the ‘Green Revolution’ programme in Nigeria is to encourage. A. Irrigation agriculture. B. Large scale production of cereals. C. Improvement in crop yield and total output. D. Large scale mechanization. E. Importation of fertilizers.
Answer : C. Improvement in crop yield and total output.
7. In which of the following is a steel rolling mill located?. A. Bauchi. B. Enugu. C. Jos. D. Aladja. E. Minna.
Answer : C. Jos.
8. Which of the following irrigation projects in Nigeria is devoted to sugar cane cultivation?. A. Bakolori. B. Badeggi. C. Kano river. D. Numan. E. South Chad.
Answer : D. Numan.
9. Which of the following places in Nigeria is not the location of a cement factory?. A. Yandev. B. Sokoto. C. Sagamu. D. Makurdi. E. Calabar.
Answer : D. Markudi.
10. The most outstanding maize growing area of Nigeria is the. A. Savanna lands of South-western Nigeria. B. Ikom-Obubra area of Cross River State. C. Bendel state. D. Cross River plains. E. Niger-Benue trough.
Answer : E. Niger-Benue trough.
11. The major bauxite producing countries of West Africa are. A. Guinea and Nigeria. B. Guinea and Ghana. C. Ivory Coast and Ghana. D. Sierra Leone and Guinea. E. Senegal and Ghana.
Answer : B. Guinea and Ghana.
12. Which one of the following ports occupies the best natural site in West Africa?. A. Lagos. B. Monrovia. C. Freetown. D. Banjul. E. Tema.
Answer : C. Freetown.
13. Which of the following does not drain into the Atlantic Ocean?. A. The Nile. B. The Orange. C. The Volta. D. The Congo. E. The Amazon.
Answer : A. The Nile.
14. Akosombo dam is on the. A. Senegal River. B. River Rockel. C. River Niger. D. River Gongola. E. River Volta.
Answer : E. River Volta.
15. Which of the following is correct about the industrial economy of Zaire?. A. Well integrated railway system. B. Abundance of high skilled labour. C. Availability of large internal market. D. Abundance of minerals. E. Cheap air transport.
Answer : A. Well integrated railway system.
16. Which of the following is not an African waterway?. A. The Orange. B. The Nile. C. The Machenzie. D. The Volta.
E. The Zambezi.
Answer : C. The Machenzie.
17. The Atlas fold mountain system is found in. A. North West Africa. B. Cape Province, South Africa. C. The horn of Africa. D The republic of Zaire. E. West Africa.
Answer : A. North West Africa.
18. Which is the main crop grown in Gheaira plains?. A. Wheat. B. Millet. C. Cotton. D. Kola. E. Sugar cane.
Answer : C. Cotton.
19. Which of the following statements is not true of all the highlands regions of Rwanda-Burundi, Kenya and Ethiopia.?
A. There is heavy pressure of population on land. B. There is severe soil erosion. C. There is heavy fragmentation of land among the farmers. D. Coffee is the main cash crop. E. There are many hydro-electric power stations.
Answer : E. There are many hydro-electric power stations.
20. What minerals are found in Abakaliki area of Southern Nigeria?. A. Tin and columbite. B. Iron and zinc. C. Lead and zinc. D. Salt and phosphate. E. Gold and silver.
Answer : C. Lead and zinc.
21. In which of the following vegetation types would you expect to find baobab, locust bean and acasia as important trees?. A. Savanna woodland. B. Coniferous forest. C. Tropical rain forest. D. Temperate deciduous forest. E. Mangrove swamp.
Answer : A. Savanna woodland.
22. The major cause of change in population size are. A. Births, deaths and migration. B. Births, marriage and divorce C. Deaths, diseases and divorce. D. Births, accidents and deaths. E. Migration, fertility and marriage.
Answer : A. Births, deaths and migration.
23. In Nigeria, the hydro-electric and thermal energy are generated respectively in. A. Ugheli and Sapele. B. Ijora (Lagos) and Oji River. C. Adam and Ijora (Lagos). D. Kura Falls and Kainji. E. Kainji and Oji River.
Answer : E. Kainji and Oji River.
24. Which of the following is the major factor responsible for Japan’s unparalleled industrial growth in the last few decade?. A. Availability of abundant hydro-electricity. B. Japan’s proximity to mainland Asia. C. Japan’s large population. D. Technological proficiency. E. Availability of abundant coal and petroleum.
Answer : D. Technological proficiency.
25. Which of the following best accounts for the rural urban migration in West Africa?. A. The universal primary education. B. Limitless job opportunities in urban areas. C. Lack of job opportunities and social amenities in rural areas. D. Social unrest in rural areas. E. Drought.
Answer : C. Lack of job opportunities and social amenities in rural areas.
26. The best quality cotton produced in Nigeria comes from the. A. Ikeja – Agege – Ota area. B. Sokoto – Zaria – Kastina area. C. Kano – Kaduna – Jos area. D. Ibadan – Ijebu – Ondo area. E. Enugu – Asaba – Onitsha area.
Answer : C. Kano – Kaduna – Jos area.
27. A resort town is one which. A. Is located in an industrial region. B. Exists primarily to help people enjoy their leisure. C. Functions as a market town. D. Provides commercial facilities. E. Is primarily an administrative centre.
Answer : B. Exists primarily to help people enjoy their leisure.
28. Which of these is not true about the tourist industry of Kenya?. A. It provides a means of earning foreign exchange. B. It creates employment. C. It causes over population. D. It is well developed. E. The major attraction is the wildlife.
Answer : C. It causes over population.
29. At least 70% of Nigerian total rubber production comes from. A. Ondo State. B. Cross River State. C. Ogun State. D. Bendel State. E. Imo State.
Answer : D. Bendel State.
30. If the distance between two points on
a 1:25000 map is 10 CM, what would the same distance be on 1:50000 map?. A. 25 cm. B. 20 cm. C. 15 cm. D. 10 cm. E. 5 cm.
Answer : E. 5 cm.
31. One of the objectives of the ECOWAS ‘free movement’ agreement is to allow a citizen of one country to. A. Work in another country without obtaining a passport. B. Visit another country for a short period without obtaining a visa. C. Visit another country for a short period without a valid passport. D. Stay in another country for a long period without a visa. E. Work in another country for a short period without a work permit.
Answer : C. Visit another country for a short period without a valid passport.
32. Which of these is a textural classification of soils?. A. Angular, sand and clay. B. Rounded, irregular and flat. C. Rounded, pebbles and silt. D. Sand, loam and clay. E. Angular, prismatic and columnar.
Answer : C. Sand, loam and clay.
33. The load carried by a river is deposited. A. When rejuvenation takes place. B. On the river’s entry into a wetter region. C. When captured by another river. D. On entering a large body of water. E. When the gradient increases.
Answer : D. On entering a large body of water.
34. Which of the following soil properties can be easily observed in the field?. A. Permeability. B. Fertility. C. Texture. D. Acidity. E. Colour.
Answer : E. Colour.
35. A line joining points of equal atmospheric pressure on a map is called an. A. Isopach. B. Isopleth. C. Isobar. D. Isohyet. E. Isotherm.
Answer : C. Isobar.
36. Which of these groups of countries has achieved a considerable measure of success in industrialization during the twentieth century?. A. Brazil, Bolivia and Venezuela. B. Kenya, India and Ethiopia. C. India, Brazil and Mexico. D. Thailand, India and Botswana. E. Libya, Zaire and Argentina.
Answer : A. Brazil, Bolivia and Venezuela.
37. One of the ways in which the deciduous forest differs from the coniferous forest is that. A. It has a greater variety of tree species. B. It is found only in the tropics. C. It grows on poorer soils. D. The trees are evergreen. E. It has a sparser undergrowth.
Answer : D. The trees are evergreen.
38. The greatest threat to wildlife in the African Savannah in recent times is. A. Mechanized agriculture. B. Cattle grazing. C. Shifting cultivation. D. Bush burning. E. Hunting.
Answer : D. Bush burning.
39. The movement of people from a village to a farm settlement may be described as. A. Urban – rural migration. B. Rural – urban migration. C. Rural – rural migration. D. Urban – urban migration. E. Suburban – rural migration.
Answer : C. Rural – rural migration.
40. Which of these are among the Active Factors of soil formation?. A. Parent material, topography and soil organisms. B. Climate, soil organisms and man. C. Parent material, time and topography. D. Climate, time and plants. E. Time, soil organisms and man.
Answer : B. Climate, soil organisms and man.
That is all about jamb 2020 questions and answers.
Make sure you have a geography past question, a good geography textbook and maps.
It will be of great help to you when preparing for jamb 2020.
If you have any questions about it, leave a comment below.
Share this with every jambites that you know.
Don’t forget to subscribe to get more jamb questions and answers for free in your email inbox. That is all on geography questions for JAMB 2020